Film Challenge Review - Week 12: Dead Poets Society


1989

Rating - 3 out of 5 stars


I'm usually a sucker for college/school/coming of age stories and especially boarding schools and especially stories with an emphasis on intelligence, learning and culture.  So this one seemed tailor-made for me.  I did like this one and it had some beautiful campus/woods scenery and shots, but it wasn't quite as wonderful as I was hoping it was going to be (As an aside, there's a smaller, more recent film called The History Boys that's somewhat similar and that I really liked).  Still this one was very enjoyable though.  Interesting to see a young Ethan Hawke.  I'm still considering the rating on this one...at the end of the day it might move up to a 4 out of 5 stars. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment