April 13th

Day 104
A Companion to the Iliad 282-287
The Eternal Husband and Other Stories 67-165
11.056 read, -3.084

Two more reasons to celebrate today!

If the other day was for all intents and purposes the finishing of the main Iliad book, today is the 100% completion of the whole Iliad subject!  Woohoo!

And second, I'm now at 11 books read!  Movin' on up!

Of course, started a new book and of course, it's another book club pick, ha.  This time it's Eternal Husband.  I wanted the Pevear/Volokhonsky translation so I had to shell out a little money even though other versions are free, and their version comes with other stories too (since Eternal Husband is more a novella of around 125 or so pages).

You will see strange skips for Eternal Husband.  It is because  I started with the main story which is in the middle of the book (today), then days after this I read a bit of the intro, then I skipped to reading the other stories before and after Eternal Husband to complete the book, then I finished the intro (I ended up putting the intro off until the end because it was discussed the plots of all the stories).

I only needed to read Eternal Husband for the book club, but since I already had the others and they were all so short (the other four stories are about the same length together as Eternal Husband is alone) so I just said - why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment