April 7th

Day 98
The Princess Bride 175-198
The Lady, or the Tiger? 9-16
The Discourager of Hesitancy 1-5
A Companion to the Iliad vii-viii
The Iliad 6-26
9.140 read, -4.008

Quite a day full of different titles!

First, I finished Princess Bride.  Fun read!  Need to get a version with the "Buttercup's Baby" "sequel" chapter to finish it up completely.

Next, read the short story The Lady, or the Tiger? by Frank R. Stockton that Princess Bride references near the end, since it piqued my interest and was so short.  The page issues are because the project gutenberg version I downloaded had EIGHT pages of random preface on where it came from digitally.

The I read the "sequel" to it, The Discourager of Hesitancy, also by Frank R. Stockton, also a very short story. (a bit harder to find online, but I found it)

Then, I *finally* turned back to the Iliad.  I started with the Companion I hadn't gotten to yet, with the intro, then remembered that I still hadn't read the introduction to the actual Iliad, so I went back and started that instead.   For reference, the Iliad is the Lattimore translation, new edition, and the Companion is by Malcolm M. Willcock and is based on the translation by Lattimore.

No comments:

Post a Comment