February 3rd - Day 34

Iliad - pages 505-545 (41 pages)
Leaves of Grass, deathbed Bantam edition - 133-135 (3 pages)

Goal - 4 books 218 pages
Total - 3 books 222 pages
Result - 256 pages to reach goal


I finished the main text of the Iliad today! Woohoo! And it ended so abruptly too, wow. But the last two chapters were very good I thought.

The Iliad and Leaves are both different in that I have supplementary material to read for each, so I will wait until that is done before I write reviews of each, so that's why you won't see an Iliad review right away. There are notes after the Iliad, then an intro I'm going to read, and there's a companion book I'm also planning to read.

I wanted to read more into Leaves today too, but stupid technology got in the way! The deathbed edition has become unbearably slow for some reason on my e-reader. It takes like 30 seconds or more to turn each page! And then I'm also a big note-taker and it takes just as long for each note. It's mind-numbingly frustrating.

So I spent an hour or two yesterday after I tried a few pages trying to fix the problem. Nothing worked, so I'm stuck in a quandary. What to do? I'm still not sure what I will do about it as I have over 200 pages left to go and the slowness is ridiculous. I mean, wow, the poetry was already the hardest thing I'm probably going to read this year, then throw this on top and it's just....ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment