January 13th - Day 13

Iliad - pages 211-270 (60 pages)

Goal - 1 book 221 pages
Total - 1 book 193 pages
Result - 28 pages to reach goal

So much math to keep up with daily, hopefully I'm not making any big mistakes! The Iliad is getting really good now, so much going on. One thing I'm loving about it is how the author chooses which scenes to show you. Sometimes you're right in the middle of the battle, then it will take you out and to the ships, or to Olympos, or to Ilion, or wherever.

I haven't read too much on Homer yet (I will read a little after I'm done with the book) but I think I've heard that there's debate as to whether it was one person or several who wrote this. It's interesting to think about....were the different sorts of scenes deliberate, decided by one author, or were they the result of many different writers chipping in?

No comments:

Post a Comment