January 27th - Day 27

Leaves of Grass, 150th Anniversary Edition - pages 200-209 (10 pages)
Leaves of Grass, Bantam deathbed edition - pages 24-35, 74-75, 81-91 (25 pages)

Goal - 3 books 219 pages
Total - 3 books 68 pages
Result - 151 pages to reach goal

Heh, not only is Leaves difficult to read, it's also difficult to count the pages! So I finished the first edition completely and have jumped back to the deathbed and started where I left off. Pages 36-73 is "Song of Myself" which is already in the first edition so I skipped it. I sort of would like to read it again to see any differences, but the beginning looked exactly the same so I figured I can always come back to it another time if I ever want.

Pages 76-80 are "I Sing The Body Electric" which is also in the original. However, this one has obviously been changed so I did sort of read it anyway, but I still didn't count it, not wanting to count repeat readings which that pretty much is.

No comments:

Post a Comment