January 16th, Day 16

Iliad - pages 304-319 (16 pages)

Goal - 2 books 76 pages
Total - 1 book, 255 pages
Result - 81 pages to reach goal

Not much to say today. Now that Monday had rolled around again, so time for another 6 chapters to read in the Iliad, I went back to it.

As for Leaves of Grass....I'm thinking about also buying the "first" edition which has a 150th edition out, and is much shorter. The actual book is about 100 pages, plus about 150 pages of intros and notes and such. I want it for the notes. I'm thinking my new plan will be to read this one first... then if I feel like it continue with the deathbed edition as well.

Heh, who am I kidding, I know I will. I like to be thorough. To me in a way this is studying for me....I know to most be that's like automatically a shiver-inducing word, "studying", but to me it's like making the sun shine brighter and broadening my horizons.

Also, I think I'm going to buy a study aid for Leaves of Grass. I need all the help I can get! :p I also plan to count all three books as I'm reading them (well, Leaves of Grass the actual text we'll see...depends on if the text is different enough). So, the plan - read the short first version of Leaves with all the accompanying notes and such, as well as reading the study aid along with it, then tackling the 400 pages version.

But that's another day! Today, and tomorrow at least, are the Iliad, which is a surprisingly easy read!

No comments:

Post a Comment