January 3rd Reading

I continued with the Iliad yesterday and ended up reading 26 pages for the day (pages 94-119)! I'm happy because that's the most pages read in a day this year (I was at 20 and 17 the other two days), so I'm inching up.

Still not the 37 pages a day I need to meet my goal by year's end. So by the 3rd 111 pages would have me perfectly on track, and I'm at 63 pages so far, so 63/111. I need to read those extra 48 pages somewhere, and if I read 85 pages today (37 for the daily goal plus extra 48) I'll be caught up. Wish me luck for today! :)

Iliad is still good, though a few things confuse me that I'll wait til later to look up (I noted them), such as it saying in book 2 that they've been there nine years? Geez. Also, it goes into a Bible-like description of the various important people of both armies and where they're all from which is pages and pages of just random names basically so kind of snooze-inducing, but it's getting back on track after that.

Currently reading:

Black Rain - 20/268 pages total (I've read pages 11-30)
Iliad - 43/645 pages total (I've read pages 77-119)

No comments:

Post a Comment