Why a blog?

If you've come here from mobileread, you're probably wondering, "Why a blog?" Well, I thought I'd do a post to explain why.

First, I thought it'd be fun to try. I've never really done one before so why not try it out.

Second, I thought it might help me out in my challenge. My plan is to try to blog at least once a day or once every other day at the least about my progress and what I'm reading and thinking. I just think it'll be a nice fun way to keep track. If it gets too tedious or boring or it distracts me too much from actual reading, then I'll just close it down! But I'm hoping that instead it will enhance my reading.

I don't expect this blog to be very popular at all. After all, it's about a personal reading challenge, lol. I may be blogging to myself mostly, heh. But if anyone does want to look around and comment, then I'm sort of laying a little piece of me out there for people to read about. My reading side. Really, this blog will be mostly a reading diary for the next year. My progress, my thoughts, whatever pops into my head. I may post about things other than reading sometimes too if I feel like it, but the general theme is reading 2012.

Since I'm so new to this, I just picked a theme I thought looked a little nice and haven't done much yet. But hopefully soonish I'll spend a little time sprucing the place up a little bit and changing the pic and some colours and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment